AFIM Air Doors
Air Doors for effective climate separation
You wish to:
- Separate different climate zones?
- Keep dust, smell, humidity and insects out?
- Stop the winter cold and the summer heat?
Then AFIM® Air Doors are the right choice!
Air In Motion has over 20 years of knowledge and experience in the field of AFIM® Air Doors.
AFIM® Air Doors are better for the environment and for your wallet too.
- Energy saving: You can achieve up to 60% energy saving, so in many cases the investment is returned within 1.5 years.
- Saving money: The free passage saves time and therefore it saves money. Upon that, due to the efficient climate-zone separation, you save on energy costs.
- Safety: Transportation between climate zones can take place freely and safely. Especially in production halls, cold rooms, freezers spaces and loading bays it offers great benefits.
- Funding possibilities: The investment in your AFIM® Air Door may be subsidised, depending on the possibilities in your country.
Advantages over conventional air curtains
The Air Door technology ensures a much more effective air separation than the conventional air curtains, for example when applied in department stores. A conventional air curtain works with huge amounts of air, to which a lot of energy-guzzling heat is added.
The AFIM® Air Door, however, requires only a minimal amount of air, which, moreover, does not need to be conditioned. Thanks to higher air pressure, the Air Door cuts through the air far more effectively than traditional air curtains, and not a single whiff of air shall pass the barrier.
AFIM® Air Doors are ideal for use in:
- Cold rooms
- Freezer rooms
- Production areas
- Conditioned rooms
- Fresh departments
- Dairy departments
- Loading bays
- Spray-painting shop
- Parking garages
Check out the unique benefits of AFIM Air Doors:
Direct request a price for the AFIM® Air Door?
Do you want to receive a price for the AFIM® Air Door for your situation? Please fill in the application form. Within one business day you will receive the offer for the solution with the AFIM® Air Door.
Cold storage air curtain (patented)
Especially for doorways to a freezer / cold store, we have developed a patented concept: the AFIM IGLO®-2.
See the animation below for the operation and benefits.
Conventional air curtains can withstand wind pressure of 0.9 m/s.
AFIM® Air Doors can withstand as much as 6 m/s.
Download the brochure about AFIM® Air Doors
Synonyms for Air Door: air knife, air wall, air curtain, air screen, air lock
Operation AFIM® Air Doors
Operation conventional air curtain
Open passage without Air Doors and energy losses
Wish to know more?
Do you want some sound advice? Do you wish to know more about the funding possibilities or do you want to know how much the AFIM® Air Door will save for you? Please contact us.
Based on a savings calculation, you know exactly how much you can save financially by using the AFIM® Air Door.
For more information, please visit the product page on
AFIM® Air Doors.